Cyber Essentials is a government-backed, industry supported scheme to help organisations protect themselves against common cyber-attacks. Cyber Essentials covers five key security topics:
- Secure Configuration
- Access control
- Malware protection
Software updating and firewalls
The IASME standard follows the same implementation pattern used by the international standards community including PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) principles and the Information Security Management System (ISMS) which provides a management framework. Both are refined and expressed in business terms recognizable by most organisations.
- Verified Self-assessment – candidates complete an online questionnaire with around 150 simple questions about their organisation. This is marked by our assessor and verified by Iasme who awards the certification if all of the answers given are compliant with the standard.
- In 2017 the standard was updated to include additional questions to help organisations comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). These questions are currently optional.
Benefits of Cyber Essentials
- It lets you verify that your suppliers have these security basics in place.
- Support your tendering process for suppliers
- Protects your company Assets
- Help reduce risk by correctly implementing controls
To mitigate against cyber risk organisations can: These controls are:
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateway
- Secure configuration
- Access control and administrative privilege management
- Malware protection
- Patch management
How to get certified
Option 1 Cyber Essentials Basic Level £300+ VAT Do it yourself by answering self-assessment questionnaires that we will issue you.
The self-assessment is return to Intex IT, we assess your self-assessment, if there are no issues you will be awarded your Cyber Essentials Certificate and Badge usual
turnaround time of 1 – 3 working days once submitted.
Option 2 £400+ VAT Cyber Essentials Assessment Basic Level, IASME Governance and GDPR requirements
Option 3 Cyber Essentials Basic Level + Guidance Our Security Consultant will be provide 2 hours of remote assistance and support you with your Cyber Essentials self-assessment form. This will be assessed by our Cyber Essentials Assessor
To arrange a chat with our qualified Cyber Essentials Assessors to discuss the merits of the various Cyber Essentials options.
Email: email@example.com or telephone 01634 566 555